Monday, August 2, 2010

2 months till my Wedding Day!

Eeeeeeeep!!!! I am definitely starting to freak out a little. I have already been having nightmares about almost everything going wrong in the wedding. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night out of breath and covered in sweat. I think my problem stems from being a scary perfectionist and a crazy organising freak! I just can't help myself, lol.

When I went into this whole wedding venture I really thought planning a wedding would be easy and fun, but boy was I completely wrong! There is just so much to do and plan. Alex and I are also working on a tight budget so we are doing a lot of stuff ourselves from scratch. I am very lucky to also have a great family who is willing to step in and lend a big hand. I don't know what I would do without them.

Since the weather has been so lovely and it is starting to warm up again, Alex and I decided that we needed to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air and nature this weekend. My Mum and brothers had the same idea so we decided to make it a family venture. We took a picnic lunch out to the country and sat in the sun all day long lapping up the tranquility of the countryside. The place we stopped at has a running creek just beside it so we also spent a lot of time down there playing in the cool, fresh water. We all had a great day and can't wait to do it again soon. It was just what I needed to de-stress and relax.


(CLICK ON PICTURES BELOW TO ENLARGE)


This is the creek by the place we picnicked at


My little brother Aaron wadding through the water


My brother Beau took this photo of Alex and I sharing some cuddles in the creek together


and I couldn't resist throwing in this pic of me and my growing baby belly


Hope everyone else had a great weekend :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

I really enjoyed reading your post! It was a great day yesterday, had I'd known the water was so shallow, I wouldn't have minded being in the water either. The water pics look fun, I'm glad you and Alex had a great day! I love seeing the photos of you with your baby growing inside you! I'm so excited for you! I am looking forward to the wedding as well!

Love Brad!
xoxox

Rita said...

Love the pictures! What a beautiful spot!

Everybody will help you. Don't be afraid to ask. :) Weddings are exciting times. Babies are exciting times. Both are life-changing, so it is no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed sometimes. Perfectionism and children don't go together all that well--ROFL! Maybe planning this wedding is good practice for letting go a little? *she with OCD tendencies says with experience* It will all turn out fine in the end. Sending calming energy. :):)

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Shell,

It was a lovely day out, wasn't it? The wedding sure is creeping up fast....YIKES....so much still to do! I'm sure it will all go beautifully though ~ :)

I can't wait until tomorrow when we get to find out whether baby is a boy or a girl!

Love,
Mum xo