Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Woo Hoo!!

We have our very first TOOTH!!! I am so happy that my baby girl has FINALLY cut her first tooth, and the second one isn't far behind either. The gum has gone clear and I can see it just under the skin waiting to come through. I love seeing this little tooth every time she smiles. It is so darn cute!

We have been waiting 9 loooong months for this tooth to make its appearance. Mikayla hasn't been handling teething very well. I had tried everything to ease her discomfort but nothing seemed to help. She has been teething on and off from 4 months, and my goodness it has been hard. Mikayla was actually sleeping through the night from 7 pm - 7 am until teething kicked in, and I think that's when I began some "accidental parenting" and started some bad waking during the night habits. At one point I was barely getting 2 hours in a row of sleep because of the constant waking and feeding, plus she refused to nap during the day. Mikayla also refused to sleep in her cot and would only sleep if I was next to her. Following some advice from the Baby Whisperers book on sleeping, I have now started a more structured night time and daytime nap routine and things are going a lot better. Mikayla is now always sleeping in her cot, having two 1-2 hour naps a day, and usually only wakes once a night for a quick 2 minute feed. I am doing a lot better now too :)

I hope to have a picture soon, if I can manage to get one, of her new cheeky grin.

4 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

HOORAY!!! I can't wait to see Mikayla's toothy new grin...hehehe

Love,
Mum xo

Rita said...

Nice! Can hardly wait to see the new tooth! :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh, I can't wait to see her little tooth! :)
I don't know if the sell little rings that come filled with gel that are used for teething toddlers. All you do is freeze the ring and that soothes the gum and baby's love it. You can also go to this site and read about more things: http://www.livestrong.com/article/201468-teething-remedies-for-toddlers/
Hope this helps.
Lots of hugs

Where the Heart is said...

I will try to get one soon :) her second tooth has actually cut through now.

Norma, yes they do sell the rings with the water and yes I have got a couple that I always keep frozen for her. She does like chewing on them which does help sooth her for a little bit. Thanks for the link I will have to check it out xo