Monday, November 28, 2011

and she sleeps!!!

Woo hoo!!! This is the fourth night in a row Mikayla has slept through the night from 7.30pm to 5am. When she wakes at 5am Daddy, who is up and getting ready for work, will get her and bring her into bed with me. We will then sleep for another 1 - 2 hours together if I'm lucky. She has even taken to having a 1 - 2 hour morning nap at around 8.30am. I'm not sure if she is having a growth spurt or it is this hot and humid Aussie weather that is draining her. I don't really mind, as long as we are both getting a decent amount of sleep :) 


 Mikayla has also been learning how to handle a spoon and bowl to feed herself. She has picked it up really well, and I love that look of pride she has in herself when I give her lots of praise and tell her what a great job she is doing. She is just so cute! She is really developing now and learning new things all the time. I am one proud Mumma :)


Getting her food all by herself

Eating her food all by herself

One very proud little girl

Such a cheeky thing!

5 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, I'm so glad she's sleeping through the night again! And such a big girl feeding herself, standing, and walking now, right? My goodness she's gotten big so fast! Savor every minute, Mama! ;)

Serena Lewis said...

OMG...those pics of Mikayla are adorable! She is really focused on eating her food, isn't she? I particularly LOVE that last pic...she is SO cute!!

Love Mum xo

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Michelle, all the photos of Mikayla are lovely! She has RED HAIR....How cute!
That is great that she is sleeping through the night.
Hugs

Where the Heart is said...

Rita, yes thank goodness she is sleeping through the night. No, not walking fully yet. The longest she has walked is 5 steps. She just needs to build confidence. She has the balance to do it, it's just fear holding her back. I am definitely savoring every minute of motherhood. It goes so fast :(

Mum, yeah she is concentrating hard it was so cute to watch.

Norma, thanks she sure is a cutie. She actually has light brown hair. I think the lighting on the camera flash makes her baby fine hair look red though.

Rita said...

She'll walk when she's ready. Reminds me of Dagan. He walked all over the house just touching furniture and walls, but if he had to make it across a wide open space and let go of everything...he got down and crawled. *giggles* One time he just forgot and walked across the room before he realized he had let go and that was that.

They're such fun at this age! She's such a sweetie!! Have a great day! :)