Monday, July 16, 2012

Crafting craftiness

I don't know what it is at the moment, but I have an overwhelming need to craft and sew. Maybe it's the nesting faze of my pregnancy setting in, I'm not sure, but I haven't been this motivated in a very long time.

It's funny how quickly you realise just how precious time is after you have kids. So many things needing and wanting to be done, but just no time to do them in. Sure I could sit down and begin a project, but I am most definitely going to be interrupted and distracted by that cute faced daughter of mine, who is always interested in what Mummy is doing. Most of the time I try and get a bit of crafting done during her 1 hour a day nap, and so far so good. I have managed to do a couple of projects that have been playing on my mind for a while now.

A quick bunting made for the playroom.

A quick tiered skirt with matching hair clip.

Simple skirt thrifted from an old top of mine.

Everything I've made so far has been very quick and easy to do. I would love to do a more in depth post on each of my projects and a quick run through of how they are done, but once again, Mikayla only spends a short amount of quite time eating her lunch before I hear the words "done!".

I am also wanting to do a whole re-vamp of my blog and it's layout. So you may notice a few changes over the next couple of weeks as I try to do what I can in my left over "free" time.

Have a great week!!! :)

3 comments:

Rita said...

I remember those days when the only free time I had was when Dagan was sleeping. You're pretty much "chained to the crib" for the first 3-4 years--but it's the best incarceration ever--LOL! I used to have Dagan "help" me in order to get things done and occupy him while I could keep an eye on him. He helped dust, sweep, do laundry, clean the bathroom--well, sometimes he hindered more than helped, but he was so proud of himself and I remember those times fondly. Thanks for bringing back precious memories. Enjoy every minute! You are making yours. :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Michelle,
I am so happy to see you back crafting/sewing! I know you enjoy it. :)
The bunting and little skirts turned out great! Hope Mikayla gives you more free time to sew.
Hugs

Serena Lewis said...

I'm so proud of you, Michelle. You are not only a great Mummy to Mikayla, you are becoming quite the domestic diva with all the things you are making. Well done....and yes, I remember the days of trying to get things done while baby sleeps. I felt it was easier when the siblings came along as you all kept each other occupied with play time....that gave me a chance to do what I needed to do and still be able to keep an eye on you all.

Love,
Mum xo